Excessive Sweating – Easy Control Strategies
When I first realised that my excessive sweating had become a real problem I had no idea what to do about it. I spent days reading everything I could find on the subject. I found that there is a bewildering array of treatment options available. So many that it is hard to know where to start.
Here are just a few of the commonly available treatments that are proven to be successful in treating excessive sweating:
- Prescription and non-prescription antiperspirants.
- Medications - including Oxybutynin.
- Botox injections – to paralyse the sweat glands.
- Iontophoresis – electric shocks to reduce the activity of the sweat glands.
- Surgery – to permanently remove the sweat glands.
- Natural therapies and management techniques.
You can find out more information on these and other treatments in my article on hyperhidrosis treatments.
Each treatment is effective for certain types of excessive sweating and you should talk to your doctor about which treatment is suitable for you. Be sure that you fully understand what is involved, including any possible side effects.
Easy Excessive Sweating Control Strategies You Can Try Today
But while you are considering your options, why not try a few things that might help you to manage your excessive sweating without resorting to medication or surgical procedures?
There are a number of strategies that can easily be incorporated into your daily routine that will not only help you to control your excessive sweating from a practical perspective but also help you manage the stress and anxiety associated with it.
And imagine this, applying some of these strategies might help you to beat your excessive sweating condition once and for all. And I should know – that is exactly what happened to me.
Recommendations for managing excessive sweating
If you have read my article on How I Beat My Excessive Underarm Sweating you will know that I was able to beat my excessive sweating problem using some very basic control strategies. I firmly believe that many sufferers of this awful condition can do the same.
Here are a few strategies that I recommend you get started with:
- Shower or bathe regularly. Use an unscented anti-bacterial soap to reduce the amount of bacteria on your skin.
- Experiment with antiperspirant products until you find one works well for you. Start with non-prescription products but if you are unable to find one that works then consider trying the stronger prescription products. I personally recommend using the non-prescription Mitchum brand, but you may find another brand gives you better results.
- Find the type of fabric and clothing styles that you feel most comfortable in. Also try sweat shields or dress shields and see if you find them comfortable. These products are great to give you a confidence boost and to help your outer clothes stay as dry as possible. For more information read my overview of dress shields.
- Be active in looking after your general health including taking regular exercise and eating healthy foods. Understand which foods aggravate your excessive sweating and avoid eating them.
- Try practicing relaxation techniques such as yoga or meditation. Any technique that teaches you how to stay relaxed will help to control your excessive sweating.
- Carry with you a pack of supplies so that you can freshen up wherever you are. Having these supplies on hand will help to reduce your anxiety should you start to sweat. For more information on what to include in your pack see my article on Tips on How to Stop Sweating.
- Follow a step-by-step guide on how to beat your excessive sweating such as Stop Sweating and Start Living.
What to do next?
Grab a pen and paper and write down the strategies you will start using today to control your excessive sweating. Use my recommendations as a guide but also add your own ideas.
The most important thing is to commit to taking action. There is a strong possibility that you will be able to beat your excessive sweating problem by applying these simple control strategies.
If you need more detailed guidance be sure to check out my excessive sweating product review section. There you will find some great resources to help and support you in beating your excessive sweating.
Articles on this website are general in nature and do not represent medical advice. Always consult with a qualified medical practitioner before choosing a course of treatment.
All advertising banners and hyperlinks placed on this website are potentially paid for and should be considered as such unless otherwise stated.